Registration is now open for the Vienna Firebirds!
We welcome boys and girls from K to 8th grade to sign up for the winter season (November through February). Practices will begin November 7th.
Wrestling is an intense sport that requires a substantial commitment.
- Due to room availability at high schools, there will be inconsistency in practices schedule. Practices are typically M/W/TH from 6:45 pm – 8:15 pm. For the 2022-2023 season, practices will be held at Madison High School, with the remainder being held at Marshall High schools.
- We will compete in one tournament per weekend starting about a month after practices begin. Tournaments are generally on Sundays or Saturdays at regional high schools or Top of the Podium (TOP) in Sterling. We will pick one weekend tournament each week for the team, alternating between the developmental Northern Virginia Wrestling Federation (NVWF) and the TOP Winter Wrestling Series (WWS), for those ready for stronger competition. Wrestlers are matched by age, weight and experience level.
Registration is open through November 5th at a cost of $285. Registrations submitted after November 5 will be $285 + 35.
The VYI registration fee ($285) includes all fees for NVWF and TOP. Later this month, you will have to register your child with NVWF, but VYI will pay the NVWF registration fee.
This is a different year and we will be following all FCPS youth guidance on COVID. Every effort will be taken to increase ventilation in rooms. Kids will be paired with a small number of drilling partners in order to decrease risk. Masks will be optional during active wrestling and competition. NVWF and TOP will each have their own set COVID guidelines and requirements. In general, kids will only be exposed to the 2-3 kids they are wrestling in a tournament.
In addition, we will ask parents to read and sign the following VYI release of liability and assumption of risk agreement.
Communicable Disease Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
In consideration of being allowed to participate on behalf of Vienna Youth Incorporated (VYI) Wrestling including, but not limited to, events and activities, observation or use of facilities or equipment, participation in or acting as a spectator during any program (collectively ‘Participation’), by completing this registration form the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that, on behalf of him or herself and any of his or her minor children:
1. I am aware there are risks of exposure to directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to, by, or resulting from an outbreak of any and all communicable disease, including but not limited to, the virus “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)”, which is responsible for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and/or any mutation or variation thereof, as a result of my Participation in the Program.
2. I am aware that my Participation or that of my minor children includes a risk of possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19; and that while particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my Participation and the Participation of any of my minor children; and,
4. I willingly agree, on behalf of myself and any of my minor children, to comply with the stated, reasonable, and/or customary terms and conditions related to my Participation—and that of my minor children—as regards protection against infectious diseases; and if I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself and my minor children, as appropriate, from Participation and bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
5. I will abide by the specific rules and restrictions that VYI/Wrestling have enacted due to the aforementioned health risks and understand the 2021-2022 season may not come to it’s planned conclusion, due to any number of Covid-19 related circumstances, such as a State mandated closure or positive outbreaks in one or more teams. There will not be a refund of VYI fees/expenses if the season is canceled or suspended, this applies to a league-wide cancelation/suspension or if it is limited to only a specific team(s); and,
6. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, children and next of kin (‘Releasors’), HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS, VYI Wrestling, its officers, officials, agents, consultants, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (‘Releasees’), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. I understand that VYI will release and post COVID-19 safety guidelines in the fall of 2021, prior to the start of the 2021-2022 season, when they are released by the state of Virginia and/or Fairfax County and/or Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services. I understand that my family including my minor age participants will be required to follow the guidelines.
FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF PARTICIPANT OF MINOR AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION):
Base Cost: $285.00
Late date/fee: 11/05/2022$35.00
Open to: Boys & Girls
In Grades: K to 8 for 2022-23 School year